The secret world

The gloves are off, enter at your own risk!

Moderator: SHAC administration

Forum rules
Although this is the right forum for posting shit, please be considerate and put warnings on threads with inline images or simply provide the links instead of placing the image in the thread. Standard ethical rules still apply, do not stretch too far or you will be the lucky owner of a ban.
Tink

Re: The secret world

Post by Tink » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Surely this is a youtube moment! I'm certain someone has VOD'D it.

servix
SuperHappyAdventureClub

Post by servix » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:58 pm

To niksnaks:

Pretty much what Tink said BUT it plays like a standard mmorpg. It is not a "mmofps" like apb or firefall.

There is plenty of grouping instances but no raiding yet. The devs have, however, said it will be in the first content patch which will be coming at the end of this month. Presumably.

There is some customization available but not too much, mostly due to the fact it requires a proprietary product to make you own add-on's. Strangely enough this sits well with me.

For more info follow tinks advice or ask away.
One should not accelerate fragments of geological origin into a ballistic trajectory when they themselves resides in a domicile of easily fragmentable, transparent, pressure-treated quartz.

Wolf

Post by Wolf » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:20 am

servix wrote:To niksnaks:

There is some customization available but not too much, mostly due to the fact it requires a proprietary product to make you own add-on's. Strangely enough this sits well with me.
I might be the biggest addon whore in Azeroth, but strangly I am content with the UI in TSW....offcourse some minor things, but not much......

The game is new and have some bugs offcourse....but all of them are forgivable. There are two big quests that are bugged in the second map, everyone knows it......I made a ticket when I was on it and I got a freaking answer after 5 seconds from a GM! thats insane! And he just "jumped" me over that part of quest that was bugged.

I've also ran the two first instances....both of them requires a little brain....with decent amount of aoe damage and not only tank&spank. Not too many adds before bosses, so the foucs is that....

So far I enjoy it, but I've only started so far.
"The norwegian vikings will some day return!"

Lisil

Post by Lisil » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:29 am

I have personally not gotten far.
Been experimenting with different type of setups to see what would suit me, and have ended up with going AR/Fist.
No deck. Should be interesting. :)
The crumbling skyline cuts a vicious horizon, sinking its teeth into the cold September sky.

Wolf

Post by Wolf » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:12 am

Lisil wrote:I have personally not gotten far.
Been experimenting with different type of setups to see what would suit me, and have ended up with going AR/Fist.
No deck. Should be interesting. :)

Nickname ingame?
"The norwegian vikings will some day return!"

Lisil

Post by Lisil » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:03 am

Lesil *Insert dramatic music*
The crumbling skyline cuts a vicious horizon, sinking its teeth into the cold September sky.

Goodwill
ebola

Post by Goodwill » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:53 pm

I wish I had known about decks when I started. I only found out about them after throwing tons of points around like a retard. When starting out they are a real good way of giving people preset builds to work towards until they feel comfortable with the game.

servix
SuperHappyAdventureClub

Post by servix » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:51 am

Wolf wrote:
I've also ran the two first instances....both of them requires a little brain....with decent amount of aoe damage and not only tank&spank. Not too many adds before bosses, so the foucs is that....
They get a little more... fun... in nightmare though :D
Still almost no trash though.

And, Goodwill, decks are decent for that yes. I would recommend that you stick to 2 weapons in the beginning and only really focus on one of them until you know what you are doing and start to look at synergies. Getting a builder and 2 consumers for each weapon is a good basic way to go for a build.
One should not accelerate fragments of geological origin into a ballistic trajectory when they themselves resides in a domicile of easily fragmentable, transparent, pressure-treated quartz.

Impzor

Post by Impzor » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:57 am

Thanks guys, now I bought the game too, it better be worth it!

Tink

Post by Tink » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:41 pm

I seem to have confused a few peeps. I am not playing the secret world, I do not intend to and can't tell you what it is like :P