The secret world

The gloves are off, enter at your own risk!

Moderator: SHAC administration

Forum rules
Although this is the right forum for posting shit, please be considerate and put warnings on threads with inline images or simply provide the links instead of placing the image in the thread. Standard ethical rules still apply, do not stretch too far or you will be the lucky owner of a ban.
Goodwill
ebola

Re: The secret world

Post by Goodwill » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:25 pm

I am on grim and illuminati, but really faction and server is meaningless apart from pvp. You can group with anyone in the world no matter what faction or server, you just drag them into your instance.

Literally the only difference being on a different server is there is a single battleground which is local server only, Fusang. The other 2 battlegrounds are cross server along with all the PvE content.

If anyone wants to add me my nickname is Badwill

Wolf

Post by Wolf » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm on Huldra.....Dragon faction....but then again, just started.....nick is Norviking
"The norwegian vikings will some day return!"

servix
SuperHappyAdventureClub

Post by servix » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:40 pm

I'm Leafaele. And a Dragon.

Faction probably means more than your home server (dimension). Since you can only be in a guild ( cabal ) with members of your own faction.
One should not accelerate fragments of geological origin into a ballistic trajectory when they themselves resides in a domicile of easily fragmentable, transparent, pressure-treated quartz.

Goodwill
ebola

Post by Goodwill » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:58 pm

You can still group and join chat channels with members of other factions though.

Goodwill
ebola

Post by Goodwill » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:02 pm

I think the thing people need to remember if coming to this game is it is not like WoW at all so don't expect that. You also have to think very laterally in quests especially the investigation ones. This game does not hold your hand and some of the puzzles are really obscure.

servix
SuperHappyAdventureClub

Post by servix » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Goodwill wrote: This game does not hold your hand and some of the puzzles are really obscure.
Isn't it great? A mmorpg where the quests are actually fun.
One should not accelerate fragments of geological origin into a ballistic trajectory when they themselves resides in a domicile of easily fragmentable, transparent, pressure-treated quartz.

Wolf

Post by Wolf » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:14 am

Goodwill wrote: This game does not hold your hand and some of the puzzles are really obscure.
But Google holds my hand!!! :twisted:
"The norwegian vikings will some day return!"

servix
SuperHappyAdventureClub

Post by servix » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:32 am

Wolf wrote:
But Google holds my hand!!! :twisted:
You are doing yourself a huge disservice :)

Goodwill
ebola

Post by Goodwill » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:40 am

Yeah, the puzzles are amazing. if you actually try and work them out you get a great rush when you finally "get it".

There have only been a couple that have stumped me enough to use the browser. the one where you have to die and follow the ravens (although the riddle at the end is easy) and the one where you have to look in the town hall at the painting which leads you to look at the time on the clock which you then have to look up a verse in a friggin bible and then solve the riddle from the verse that the other riddle in the painting suggests. Holy shit that was a crazy one.

Niknaks

Post by Niknaks » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:30 pm

right...whats the deal with this game?

any raiding? group events / instances?

whats the customisation like?

how does it play, like wow? like apb?

someone give me some indepth info
It's a story about a man without a wife, a fire that didn't happen and a cat that didn't look happy!
____
My EJ thread: http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t130892-ass ... ion_mists/